It’s crunch time for the ABIM Internal Medicine Boards, and “High Yield” is key. You don’t want to waste your time, and you want to be as efficient as possible. Well, I recently gave a lecture entitled, “Dr. Rezaie’s 5 Pearls to Passing the Boards.” This is a general post, and can be used for any standardized test in your last few weeks of preparation.
Pearl #1: Always read the question first, look over the answers, then go back and read the question stem
- You waste your time reading the passage and looking at the labs first
- What do you focus on?
- How many times do you go back and forth between passage and answers?
- This process wastes precious time
- Instead read the question and answers first and then go back and read the passage.
- Some questions can even be answered without reading the passage
Pearl #2: Know the … Read More